THE DEATH OF THE COYOTE CONTEST
I have been writing on this for 4 years now and I am noticing a few oddities. 12 years ago when I started calling coyotes there might have been a couple contests, one of them was the JMK hunt in Crane Oregon, it was small no prizes and was promoted as helping the ranchers and wildlife. It only took a few years to shut it down. Here’s a few things that just seem odd to me.
- There are more contests than ever contests on top of contests yet there are still more coyotes than I have ever seen in 12 years.
- The contest is now about how much money can we give away and/ or how much stuff can I win.
- The large events have become corrupted to the point that lie detector tests are required. (so it’s not just the liberals that are crooked and dishonest?)
- The flaunting of killing 200 or 300 coyotes in a few days has begun to make me wonder, so I am sure anyone who is not a hunter, wonders what the hell is going on, then there are those non-profits groups who get paid to shut them down.
- I have noticed that the coyote hunter really isn’t interested in opposing those that are protesting and funding these groups, they call them names and try to make fun of them but they get shut down faster than the contests.
The day will soon be here that the hunter as in the past will destroy himself and everything around him and will just move on to the next thing. The days of the true outdoorsman are gone and the new age hunter has emerged. California has banned the contest Oregon and Washington will be next and like dominos the rest will tumble behind.